Get Loaded FAQs
An event is 'Howler Loaded' what does this mean?
- Howler Loaded is a cashless platform powered by Glownet which uses NFC cards or wristbands to transact within events.
- Load up with any amount that suits you, online before the event, or at one of the Howler Loaded stations strategically located within the event (no fees).
- Tap your card or wristband to pay at a bar, merchandise, food or trader stand to instantly complete your transaction. No pin, no incorrect change, no cash needed.
- Due to the many moving parts at big event, the global best practice at festivals around the world is cashless payments.
- Cashless payments make your festival experience easier, faster and safer.
- Load your card or wristband from the get go (online or when you arrive at the festival), no need to keep your cash/credit card in a tent or locker – it’s on your cashless card or wristband at all times, making it hassle-free all weekend.
- If you don’t spend all of the money loaded onto your card or wristband, you can request your money back online within 14 days after the festival (for a R20 service fee)
- ATM’s and networks are highly unreliable when thousands of people are near one cellphone tower - this solution is network independant to solve all those issues.
How much can I Load?
- You can pre-load online, or within the event, at a Howler Loaded topup station.
- To avoid having to keep reloading or keep cash/card in your tent/locker, we suggest loading what you’ve budgeted to spend at the event from the get-go.
- The more that you load at once, the less you’ll miss out - remember any left over funds can be cashed out online within 14 days of the festival (for a R10 admin/service fee).
What payment methods can I use to Get Loaded?
- Online: Using Credit / Cheque Card (This facility will close 24 hours before the event starts). This is the most convenient way as you do not need to go to the Get Loaded Stations at the event and can go straight to get your first cold one!
- At any Get Loaded station within the event using your Card or Cash.
- Due to potential network congestion which may affect the credit card machines, we encourage you to bring mostly cash or load up online. Remember you can cash out any left over credits after the event.
Can I use my Howler card at any Howler Loaded event?
- NO.Howler cards are event specific and funds cannot be transferred to another event.
What if I forget to cash out?
- Once cashouts close, that specific event's servers are closed and can no longer be accessed.
- You will not be able to cashout if you miss the deadline.
How do I Get Loaded online?
- Simply head to www.howler.co.za to set up your Howler Account.
- Find your event from the events page.
- You cannot load moltiple tickets in one go. However, you can load an unlimited number of tickets, or even tickets in somebody else's email address.
- Choose the amount you wish to load and follow the payment instructions.
- A 3,5 % convenience fee will be applied to all online transactions (A small fee payable to avoid having to Load Up at the festival)
- Show your festival ticket at the entrance and all Pre Loaded Credits will be applied to your card/wristband on entrance. (No need to go to the Get Loaded stations)
If I preload online, do I still have to get my card/wristband Loaded at the event?
- No, your pre-loaded credits will automatically be applied at the entrance when we scan your ticket.
Is there a fee to Get Loaded at the festival?
- No, there is no fee to Get Loaded at the festival. If you Get Loaded online, a small fee is payable to avoid having to Load Up at the festival.
How do cashouts work?
- For your convenience an online cashout facility will be provided 72 hours after the event and can be requested to your designated bank account.
- Keep an eye out in your email inbox after the event to check your balance and submit you bank account details.
- Cashouts requested before 2PM will be processed before midnight the next working day. Cashouts processed after 2PM can take up to two working days to reflect.
- A R20 Administration/Banking Fee will be applied to all cashouts.
Will there be ATMs on site?
- At most Howler Loaded events, there are no ATMs, because they’re unreliable in congested areas, and we hate unhappy campers. You can load your cards/wristbands with Credit/Cheque/Debit card at any Get Loaded station. The same way you would draw cash out the ATM. Alternatively skip the queues and Get Loaded online!
What happens if I lose my card or wristband?
- You need to treat your card/wristband like cash. If you lose it you will need to purchase a new one and Get Loaded again. Any remaining credits from your previous wristband will be lost - as credits are hard-coded into the card/wristband and cannot be remotely removed.
What happens if my card/wristband gets damaged?
- Any damaged card/wristband can be replaced and any remaining credits will be transferred to the new band.
How do I know what the balance is on my card/wristband?
- Always ask for the total of your purchase, before you are charged.
- Immediately after every transaction, the reader will indicate how many credits are left. Ask the bartender/vendor to show you your remaining balance.
- In addition, it is also possible to check your balance at any bar/vendor which accepts cashless payments or a Get loaded station.
- Just ask a staff member to check your balance and they will be more than happy to help.
How can I check my latest transactions?
- Simply go to the Get Loaded top up station and request to view your latest transactions.
Can I share a card/wristband?
- You can’t use two cards/wristbands on one transaction. If you want to share a card/wristband we encourage you to load one card/wristband with as much credits for both of you.
Can I tip the bar staff?
- Yes, you can tip the bar staff with the credits on your wristband. They’ll love you for it.