Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music over the last 22 years. BFF spanned the world in over 90 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people.
BFF is coming to Cape Town with an international selection of the most important films from the BFF collection curated in two programs: Select Shorts & Urban Bike Shorts.
Urban Bike Shorts capture the spirit of street, youth, fixed gear, bmx, and messenger cultures from passionate cyclists in cities around the world. Spotlighting stories about:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- A rural migrant worker in China uses the bicycle to buy and collect styrofoam boxes (score by Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
- A group of youth cyclists are misidentified and policed as if they were a gang
- A love letter to the splendor of winter through the eyes of a female bicycle courier in the midst of a Canadian deep-freeze
- Wandile Msomi moves through the streets of Johannesburg, South Africa with adept skill on his fixed gearThe story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to Washington, DC
- New York City through the lens of female bike messengers
- The story of Leo Rogers
- ….And more!
The Bicycle Film Festival Day 2 program at Maker's Landing will also feature an Alley Cat Race and nice Friday afternoon vibes with plenty of food & drinks.